Thursday, April 19, 2012

THIRSTY THURSDAY


I am cleansing away and counting down to my wedding day! 16 days and counting...I am so excited just been stressing a bit! Its crazy having a destination wedding because not only are you doing the wedding part, but you kind of start worrying about everyone feeling comfortable in a new place. Many of my friends and family have never been to Cabo San Lucas, MX which is exciting for them because Cabo is so beautiful with a ton to do, it just makes me nervous to spend time with everyone who has taken the time to fly out to my wedding! It means so much to me that they are taking there own time and personal vacation from work just for my wedding! I wish there were more hours in the day, but thankfully all of them are staying in one place! I get to see some friends I have not seen in over 8 months which will be fun and get to show them where I have been living for the last 8 months..in paradise...:)



I thought I would share with you my cleansing strategies. Everyone cleanses differently, depending on there own personal lifestyle. I applaud those who can do the master cleanse, its tough especially if you work a 9-5 pm job where you need to be 100% awake and ready for anything. I have done it before and I will tell you it is WORK, but very rewarding at the end. Instead of that type of cleanse, I do something a bit different. It works with my lifestyle, I can exercise still and I get the same benefits. The only thing is, it takes longer than the master cleanse.

My cleanse lasts about 12-14 days depending on how I feel. Its all about how you feel! I am doing this to cleanse out my Hong Kong trip and start the next chapter of my life with a clean body!


First thing in the morning I heat up some water and squeeze lemon into it.
About 30-45 minutes later depending on how I am feeling I enjoy a super smoothie:



Check back for more recipes!

I drink the same smoothie maybe adding a bit more veggie or maybe another fruit about every 3-4.5 hours, it all depends on how I feel of course.
For dinner I have a vegan cooked meal.
Last night I had:


Baby bella mushrooms, spinach, pine nuts and 2 cloves garlic. At the end on low heat I drizzle a dash of olive oil and this is the result. 
Garlic is great for the immune system and since I am cleansing I try to include garlic into my cooked meals.
Olive oil provides me with the fats needed to move the toxins along my digestive tract. Olive oil helps "grease" up everything.
Mushrooms and pine nuts provide me with some proteins and other vitamins.
Pine Nuts are also my new favorite food and have a bit of iron as well, help with fatigue and help alleviate muscle cramps.
Spinach provides me with a bit of iron and of course green does wonders as well all know :)

Some people enjoy there cooked meal at lunch since they work and its hard to stray away from a nice vegan cooked meal. I do mine at night, as my workout is at night and I like to make sure I have yummy fuel to fill my muscles!

Of course before trying any cleanse or diet change please consult a doctor. 

Comment and let me know what you think of my cleanse! I am having fun with it and have already seen my body de-bloat and watching my fat disappear! Although a bit cranky, I just say its my negative toxins coming out and after these 14 days, my body will be clean and have only positive energy (which is needed for a wedding :)







No comments:

Post a Comment