Friday, May 25, 2012

FABULOUS FRIDAY


If you watch the news or read news articles, I am sure you have heard the famous DANGEROUS BEAUTY scares that are sweeping the nation that make you never want to wear makeup or wash your hair again because it could cause cancer, lung disease, heart failure, seizures...what have you...

Me being a beauty freakazoid and now conscious wife..I have been weeding out my beauty products one by one and finding new products to replace them!

I thought it would be easy being that I already know a handful of natural beauty remedies. When it comes to certain products like shampoo, deodorant and hair spray I am just so UNSURE! So if you know of anything that is good for dyed blondes and wavy curly hair or stinky armpits let me know ;)




Switched out the old mouth wash for some organic sesame oil! It has been working out wonderfully. My results have been shiny white teeth, clean gums and have yet to be sick :) You can read more about it here.




Clinque Total Makeup Remover has been a staple for years, but I decided to try Vichy because the Clinique product contains Phenoxyethanol (can cause reproductive toxicity and banned in Japan).  I have heard a ton about Vichy and the natural ingredients and how it actually works so I thought I would give it a try! I am LOVING Vichy!!



I used to use those Neturogena wipes everyone and there sisters uses but decided to try out the Yes to..products and what can I say....I have always been a fan and still am after using this nourishing facial towelette. Although it does not totally remove my water proof mascara like the Neutrogena wipes I feel it does a good enough job considering it does not have PEG 4 and PEG 6 (known to cause hives and eczema)in it.







Went on a hike this morning! I am obsessed with morning workouts now it has made a HUGE difference in my eating patterns and my energy levels throughout the day. 

I am so blessed to live in such a BEAUTIFUL place...


My new health routine is working out great! I have reached ALL of my goals this month and am looking forward to writing some new ones down this week for next month. Some goals will include more natural switcharoos like above, exploring new workouts (yoga), less alcohol (once a week) and trying new recipes (at least three a week).

I also made some "Mock-A-Mole" created by Bethenny Frankel:


This recipe serves Six (or 1)

    2 tbsp. cilantro (finely chopped)
    1 tbsp. onion (finely chopped)
    1 avocado
    1 cup green peas
    2 tsp. fresh lime juice
    1 tsp. Worchester sauce
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    pepper (to taste)
    1 cup chopped tomato




Blend it all in a blender...



That creamy texture...yuummmm....





This month's were:
  • Workout 6 days a week after wedding fun
  • Sprout
  • Try a hike (completed today WOHOO)
  • Switch out at least three beauty products (above)
  • More water throughout the day
  • Cook with more herbs
  • Try coconut oil when cooking and replace Spray
  • More VEGETABLES-6 servings a day (thank GOODNESS for Smoothies)
  • 5 mG Lexapro MAX
  • Learn deep breathing and eating meditations
  • Visit the farmers market (every Wednesday and Sunday)
Easy things that have made a TREMENDOUS impact on my life!

What are some goals you have for June?
Any natural beauty products I should try out?







No comments:

Post a Comment