Tuesday, March 20, 2012

POWER SHAKE

Right now I am cleansing my system to get a fresh start to my new workout regimen! I always do a little change before starting something new because I like to switch things up in order to continue seeing results. To do this the first thing you need to do is cut out ALL and I mean ALL sodas, sugars, alcohol, packaged/processed foods which is easy considering all this diet consist of is a few simple ingredients!

Its three days for me this time possibly I will do five we will see what my body says. In anything you do, ALWAYS listen to your body! If you treat your body like a temple and listen to what its saying to you, you will never have those problems many of us have today (poor health, poor digestion, upset stomach, heart burn, large stomachs etc.)

My skin has been very dry and by looking at my tongue on this chart I am at a Damp Retention and need some detoxing ASAP! Take a look at this chart and see where you are at.

http://www.stewarttrotter.com/tongue_chart.htm


My Super Shake:


Ingredients:

-1 handful raw spinach
-1 scoop whey chocolate protein powder
-2 spoonfuls chia seeds
-8 oz of water
-1 handful of berries (the darker the better, blueberries,blackberries,raspberries, strawberries)
-dash of cinnamon for taste
-3-4 ice cubes

I get some protein, fibers, antioxidants, Omega 3's, vitamins, minerals and since its all mashed up my body doesn't have to put too much into digesting it so it can focus on all the other undigested foods I have lying around in there.

-Tip: If you have yet to try Chia Seeds they are pretty much tasteless and have so many amazing health benefits its only to your benefit to start adding it to your meals!

Try it out and let me know what you think! I have been seeing results just from drinking a shake in the morning instead of my normal oatmeal. I am seeing that eating such a large bowl of oatmeal was slowing me down instead of energizing me due to the fact that breaking-the-fast should be a light meal not a heavy one.

Have an terrific Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment