Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TABATA TUESDAY

The holiday's are here and I am sure all of you are indulging on all your holiday favorites! I personally am not a big sweets person, but I definitely indulge in a few extra glasses of wine! I have been doubling up on my tabata as with anything your body hits a point where it becomes almost used to the routine and you hit what is called a plateau. To end the plateau, you must switch things around within your diet and workout routine. I suggest shaving off 100 calories-200 calories a day for a four weeks and adding an extra set so instead of doing 3 sets of 15 try doing 4 sets of 20 and also an extra day of fitness. If you usually do five than make it six. For me at first I would do five hardcore fitness days and the sixth day would be a yoga/pilates light day which still engages the muscles.

A way to get that metabolism blasting before heading out I suggest doing a tabata before heading into the shower. I have been jump roping for the 20 seconds for all eight times before heading out as I know I am revving up my metabolism and that extra 100-300 calories I added that meal will not make that large of a difference.

Tabata Week 4 Workout
-Start off with a quick warmup: 2 minutes or so either doing light jump roping or jogging on the treadmill
Jumping Jacks-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
Jump Rope-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
High Knees-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
Air Squats-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
Jumping Jacks-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
Jump Rope-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
High Knees-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds
Air Squats-20 seconds
Rest-10 seconds

--Finish off with a 2 minutes cool down of what you did when warming up but relaxing and practicing deep breathing!

Have an amazing holiday and I hope all of you are gearing up for your resolutions and fat loss goals for 2012

Love and Shine
C

No comments:

Post a Comment